Our goal, like yours, is to ensure that all parties have a successful closing. Smooth, efficient closings are what lead to happy customers, and happy customers lead to more business for you (and for us).
Among the things we do to achieve successful closings are:
- Schedule closings at locations convenient for you and your clients
- Our experienced and knowledgeable staff can find solutions to title issues that have the potential to delay a closing
- Order payoff letters and condominium/homeowners association status letters
- Prepare preliminary closing statements
- Our attorneys can prepare documents that require an attorney, such as certificates of trust
- Hold money in escrow for final water bills, occupancy charges, etc.
Equally important are the few things that you and your customers can do to help us make the closing process more effective. These include:
- On Schedule B-1 of every title insurance commitment is a list of requirements that must be met at or before closing. We encourage you to read them as soon as you receive the title insurance commitment, and to contact us with any questions.
- If at all possible, send us a previous title commitment or policy that your client may have for the property. It can expedite the issuance of our commitment, and helps to resolve title issues.
- Providing us with the last 4 digits of individual parties’ social security numbers, or the federal employer identification number for entities such as corporations and limited liability companies. The earlier we receive this information, the sooner we can eliminate possible tax/judgment liens and bankruptcies.